The focus of this 2 days classroom HIPAA training program is
to better understand the implications of HIPAA security
rule and identify critical compliance requirements for your
business/client. It helps you better understand how to create
a framework for initiating and working towards a blueprint
for HIPAA Security compliance and regular audit to avoid
violation of regulations.
Our Training includes changes to the HIPAA regulations due to Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act which is part of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and Omnibus rule published in 2013. Our HIPAA Instructors are HIPAA consultants who help organizations meet the HIPAA audit checklist requirements issued by the DHHS. Learn from Instructor what your next steps are to meet these newly issued audit requirements by dept. of Health and Human Services’ (DHHS) Office of e-Health Standards and Services.
In this training we also explain the relevance of HIPAA
to information systems infrastructure and initiatives towards
HIPAA security compliance. This training will prepare you for HIPAA certification of Certified HIPAA Security Expert (CHSE) and Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA).
HIPAA Training for Security: Learning Objectives
This training will give you advanced competency in designing,
implementing, and administering comprehensive security protection
programs in all types of healthcare organizations. From
this training you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand new updates to HIPAA rule due to HITECH which is part of ARRA
- Review specific requirements and implementation features
within each security category.
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and
finally action focused on gaps identified.
- Understand all required and addressable HIPAA Security
- Analyze international security standards, NIST, ISO’s
17799 and the BS 7799.
- Review core elements of a security policy document
for a health care entity.
- Identify core elements of a compliance plan that
every health care entity is required to develop for
business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Cross walk between NIST, SOX, ISO and HIPAA requirements.
HIPAA Training for Security: Target Audience
- All key members of a health care provider
- All Business Associates required to comply under HITECH
- IT Professionals servicing Healthcare Industry
- Chief Information Officers and Security
Compliance Officer of covered entities
- Lawyers involved in healthcare
- Computer security technical staff of any
organization that retains personal healthcare information
- Senior network engineers
- Database administrators
- Security staff of computer service providers
to medical organizations
- Consultants who provide security advice
to healthcare organizations
- IT Vendors to healthcare industry
HIPAA Training for Security: Pricing
$1500 per student.
The cost includes Training Kit:
- HIPAA Compliance Training Manual (worth $300)
HIPAA Certification Test:
The above training prepares you for:
- Certified HIPAA Security Expert (CHSE)
- Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA)
To View Training Schedule:
We can skillfully assist you in determining your readiness
for accelerated training, and the best training options for
Please contact us for more information at Bob@training-hipaa.net
or call (515) 865-4591.
Refund Policy (Opens in New Window)