Why create HIPAA Privacy Policies for Covered Entity and Business Associate?
Covered Entity and Business Associate are required to establish effective HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures, ensuring that employees and sensitive information are protected and secure. HIPAA policies are implemented daily, therefore a necessary component for all health care businesses is to establish an effective arrangement of policies and procedures that govern everyday activity- enabling health care professionals to streamline their practices, and hold employees and administrators accountable for maintaining privacy of PHI.
HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures templates are updated with the HITECH act of 2009 and the Omnibus rule of 2013.
“Essentially, a covered entity is required to develop and implement policies and procedures appropriate to the entity’s business practices and workforce that reasonably minimize the amount of protected health information used, disclosed, and requested;” – HIPAA Privacy Rule 45 CFR Part 160.
Supremus Group, LLC offers two different HIPAA Private Policy Template Suite one for the covered entities and the other for business associates. Each covered entity (refer to the home page to see which kind of entity you are) is required to implement Privacy and Security policies & procedures to maintain a viable health care business that is equipped to handle emergency situations, everyday operations, equipped with unique business practices and procedures.
Health care businesses can cut their leg-work in half by implementing pre-established privacy and security policies & procedures created by Supremus Group, LLC’s templates. ; ensuring that PHI is protected in every department and at every level. Health care businesses are offered 57 essential documents that guarantee to save health care professionals time and money while establishing HIPAA privacy policies and procedures in covered entities and business associates.
Many business associates may not need all the Privacy policies that the covered entity may use based on the try of service offered, PHI received and level of exposure they will have to determine which privacy policies will be required for their business.
The Templates suite includes the following HIPAA Privacy Form, Policy, and procedures.
- Accept Access Request
- Accounting for Disclosures
- Acknowledgment of Receipt
- Amendment to Record Form
- Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information
- Authorization To Use Disclose Protected Health Information
- Business Associate Agreement
- Business Associate Contracts and Other Arrangements
- Complaint Process
- Data Use Agreement Template
- De-identified Information and Limited Data Sets
- Denial Access Request
- Denial Request to Amend Form
- Disclosure Accounting Log for Medical Information
- Disclosure of PHI with and without authorization Template
- Disclosures Record Form
- Document Retention Requirements
- EHR accounting of disclosures
- Employee Confidentiality Agreement
- Execution of Business Associate Agreements with Contracts
- Health Plan Notice of Privacy Practices
- HIPAA Accept Amend Request Form
- Identifying PHI and Designated Record Sets
- Minimum Necessary
- Multi-Organization Arrangements
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient Right to Access PHI
- PHI Release by Whistleblowers
- Privacy Officer
- Receipt of Payment when Disclosing PHI
- Release for Abuse Neglect or Domestic Violence
- Release for Confidential Communications
- Release for Fundraising Purposes
- Release for Health Oversight
- Release for Judicial or Administrative Proceedings
- Release for Law Enforcement
- Release for Marketing Purposes
- Release for Public Health
- Release for Research Purposes
- Release for Specific Government Functions
- Release for Workers Compensation
- Release of Information for Deceased Patients or Plan Members
- Release of Information for Legal Representatives
- Release of Information to a Minor
- Release of Information to a Minor’s Parents
- Release of Information to Friends and Family Members
- Release of Psychotherapy Notes
- Release to Avert Serious Threat to Safety
- Request Confidential Communications Template
- Request Restriction
- Request to Amend Patient or Plan Member Record
- Requests for Restriction policy
- Required PHI Disclosures
- Right to Object to Release for Certain Purposes
- Safeguarding PHI
- Training Requirements
- Workforce Sanctions
The templates are available in our online HIPAA store for purchase. All the templates come in Microsoft Word/excel files so you can add, change and delete the content as required to complete your HIPAA privacy policies.
Questions? Concerns? All inquiries concerning HIPAA Privacy Policies may be directed to Bob@training-hipaa.net or call on (515) 865-4591
HIPAA Privacy Policies Templates