HIPAA 2020 Refresher: A review of related activities in 2019
This is the annual refresher discussion of HIPAA, HITECH, Omnibus and the latest developments in 2019, and the outlook for 2020. Individuals with certifications of CHPE, CHSE and CHPSE need to take this course to maintain their credentials. This course is released in Q1 of 2020 for activities related to 2019. You are required to complete this course by March 31, 2020.
This course covers recent events, recent settlements and new guidance issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights Division, the enforcement arm of DHHS. This course is required to maintain your HIPAA certification credential.
The 2019 Annual HIPAA Certification CE Credits course covers following topics:
HIPAA 2020: A Review of 2019 – Section 1
- Increasing Breaches and Causes
- The Year That Was 2018
- The Year That Was 2019
- Trend of HIPAA Penalties
- What the Penalties Mean
- Settlements – 2018
- Settlements – 2019
- Lessons – Learned?
HIPAA 2020: A Look Ahead – Section 2
- Privacy & Security Objectives
- Definition: Health Information
- Changes Proposed for 42 CFR Part 2
- Direct Liability of Business Associates
- Supply Chain Management: Vetting Business Associates
- Business Associates
- Incident Response
- Mobile Devices and “BYOD”
- Mobile Device Communications: Texting & Emailing
- Portable Device Security
- Social Media at the Office
- Ransomware and Healthcare
HIPAA 2020: A Brief Recap – Section 3
- Definition: Identifiers
- Information Covered
- Individual Privacy Rights
- No Authorization Required
- Use & Disclosure of PHI
- Organizational Requirements
- Required Documentation
- HIPAA & State Law
- Breach Notification
- What Will Continue
HIPAA and FERPA: A Comparison – Section 4
- HIPAA and FERPA: A Comparison
- HIPAA and FERPA
- HIPAA and FERPA – Definitions
- Comparison: Privacy Rights Conferred
- Comparison: Persons or Entities Covered
- Comparison: Information Covered
- Comparison: Accessing Data with Consent
- Comparison: Accessing Data without Consent: Exceptions and Permitted Uses
- Comparison: De-Identified and Limited Data
- Comparison: Enforcement
- What We Are Protecting
- Extra! Extra! Extra!
- HIPAA Certifications
Total Course Duration: 1 hour 22 minutes
Number of Total Slides: 59
Course valid for: 2 months from receiving the login details. You will not have access to online content after you complete the course.
Type of License: One user license cannot be transferred after login is assigned.
Cost: $99 per employee
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive one CE credit for this course through Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Please contact us for more information at Bob@training-hipaa.net or call (515) 865-4591.