This Recovery Plan documents the strategies, personnel, procedures, and resources necessary to recover the Application following any type of short or long-term disruption. The following objectives have been established for this plan:
- Maximize the value of contingency planning by establishing recovery plans that consist of the following phases:
- Notification / Activation: To activate the plan and notify vendors, customers, employees, etc of the recovery activities
- Recovery Phase: To recovery and resume temporary IT operations on alternate hardware (equipment) and possibly at an alternate location
- Restoration Phase: To restore IT systems processing capabilities to normal operations at the primary location or the new location
- Define the activities, procedures, and essential resources required to perform processing requirements during prolonged periods of disruption to normal operations.
- Allocate responsibilities to designated personnel and provide guidance for recovering during prolong periods of interruption to normal operations.
- Make certain coordination with other staff is conducted.
- Ensure coordination with external contacts, like vendors, suppliers, etc. who will participate in the recovery process.
Table of Contents for Applications Recovery Plan Template
Use Of This Plan
Input (Feeders) Dependencies on Applications / Systems
Output (Receivers) Dependencies on Applications / Systems
PLAN ACTIVATION PROCEDURES
Plan Activation Team
TEAM MEMBERS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Activate Team Members
Travel to Alternate Location
Restore Application Services
File Verification Tasks
Application Validation and Synchronization Tasks
Original or New Site Restoration
Appendix A: Employee Contact List
Appendix B: Vendor Contact List
This Data Center Recovery Plan template suite includes the following templates and guides:
- Application Recovery Plan Template (23 pages)
- Application Recovery Plan Development Guide (18 pages)
- Database Recovery Plan Template (19 pages)
- Database Recovery Plan Development Guide (16 pages)
- Network Recovery Plan Template (20 pages)
- Network Recovery Plan Development Guide (15 pages)
- Disaster Recovery Plan Template (38 pages)
- Disaster Recovery Plan Development Guide (17 pages)
- Server Recovery Plan Template (19 pages)
- Server Recovery Plan Development Guide (15 pages)
- Telecom Recovery Plan Template (19 pages)
- Telecom Recovery Plan Development Guide (17 pages)
- Example Application Recovery Plan Template (23 Pages)
- Example Disaster Recovery Plan (38 Pages)
To view a specific section of this document, please contact us at Bob@training-hipaa.net or call us at (515) 865-4591.