Comprehensive HIPAA Privacy and Intermediate Security Training & Certification of CHPE for Two Days (Level 1)
The focus of this 2-days classroom HIPAA training program is to better understand the implications of HIPAA legislation and identify critical compliance requirements for your business/client. Our Training includes changes to the HIPAA regulations due to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act which is part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and Omnibus rule published in 2013. Our HIPAA Instructors are HIPAA consultants who help organizations meet the HIPAA audit checklist requirements issued by the DHHS. Learn from the Instructor what your next steps are to meet these newly issued audit requirements by dept. of Health and Human Services’ (DHHS) Office of e-Health Standards and Services. It helps you better understand HIPAA’s Administrative Simplification Act as well as how to create a framework for initiating and working towards a blueprint for HIPAA Privacy Compliance and understand HIPAA Security rules and regulations.
Benefits of our HIPAA Classroom training
- Our HIPAA Instructors are having many years of healthcare organization experience, HIPAA experts with practical experience in HIPAA compliance, and Security experts (CISSP or equivalent).
- Our Instructor provides templates and additional reference material to students and guidance on the next steps of compliance
- Support is offered by the Instructor who provided the instruction through email
- Study material sent as soon as the class is confirmed. This allows the student to make the first pass at the HIPAA training material
- Small class size for more focused training
- You will acquire tools like PowerPoint to train others in your organization
- Focused classroom HIPAA training ensures that the student is truly focused and not running back to their desk to handle emails and telephone calls at breaks and lunch. Continual distractions lead to less retention of material by students and frustrations with competing job requirements when trying to learn new material
- Private group HIPAA training in classrooms keeps staff focused on learning without the distractions of the workplace
HIPAA Training for Security, Privacy, and Transaction: Learning Objectives
This HIPAA training will give you advanced competency in designing, implementing, and administering comprehensive privacy protection programs in all types of healthcare organizations. From this training you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand what HIPAA means, how it affects your organization, and what significant changes in policies, procedures, and processes within the organization in the handling of patient records
- Understand the changes to HIPAA rules due to ARRA 2009 HITECH Act and 2013 Omnibus Rule final changes.
- Identify the main reasons behind HIPAA, specifically, to provide continuity/portability of health benefits to individuals between jobs; to combat fraud/abuse in health insurance and healthcare delivery; to reduce administrative costs in healthcare; to provide uniform standards for electronic healthcare transactions; and, to ensure security and privacy of patient health information
- Have an in-depth understanding of HIPAA Security, privacy, and Transaction rule
- Examine how implementing HIPAA will affect the way healthcare entities organize and staff to achieve and monitor compliance with patient privacy/confidentiality needs
- Understand the new Enforcement rule
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance. HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and finally action focused on gaps identified
- Understand who business associates are and what will they have to do to ensure HITECH HIPAA Compliance
HIPAA Training for Security, Privacy, and Transaction: Target Audience
- Healthcare provider & Payer privacy compliance employees
- Privacy lawyers involved in health care
- Compliance teams for HIPAA Privacy
- HR Staff & manager
- Privacy Auditors
- Privacy Consultants
- Clinical physicians and office managers
- Head Nurse
- Privacy Instructors
HIPAA Training for Security, Privacy, and Transaction: Pricing
$1800 per student.
The cost includes Training Kit:
- HIPAA Compliance Training Manual (worth $450)
HIPAA Certification Test:
The above training prepares you for HIPAA certification of:
- Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert (CHPE)
- Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA)
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 16 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality service so that you may achieve your educational goals.
We can skillfully assist you in determining your readiness for accelerated training, and the best HIPAA training options for specific requirements
Please contact us for more information at Bob@training-hipaa.net or call (515) 865-4591.
Live Webcast HIPAA Privacy Training course is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 287 users.