Comprehensive HIPAA Security Certification Training for CHSE for Two Days (level 2) WITH HITECH UPDATES
The focus of this 2 days classroom HIPAA training program is to better understand the implications of HIPAA security rule and identify critical compliance requirements for your business/client. It helps you better understand how to create a framework for initiating and working towards a blueprint for HIPAA Security compliance and regular audit to avoid violation of regulations.
Our Training includes changes to the HIPAA regulations due to Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act which is part of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and Omnibus rule published in 2013. Our HIPAA Instructors are HIPAA consultants who help organizations meet the HIPAA audit checklist requirements issued by the DHHS. Learn from Instructor what your next steps are to meet these newly issued audit requirements by dept. of Health and Human Services’ (DHHS) Office of e-Health Standards and Services.
In this training, we also explain the relevance of HIPAA to information systems infrastructure and initiatives towards HIPAA security compliance. This training will prepare you for HIPAA certification of Certified HIPAA Security Expert (CHSE) and Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA).
HIPAA Training for Security: Learning Objectives
This training will give you advanced competency in designing, implementing, and administering comprehensive security protection programs in all types of healthcare organizations. From this training you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand new updates to HIPAA rule due to HITECH which is part of ARRA and Omnibus rule published in 2013
- Review specific requirements and implementation features within each security category.
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance. HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and finally action focused on gaps identified.
- Understand all required and addressable HIPAA Security implementation specifications.
- Analyze international security standards, NIST, ISO’s 27002 and the BS 7799.
- Review core elements of a security policy document for a health care entity.
- Identify core elements of a compliance plan that every health care entity is required to develop for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Crosswalk between NIST, SOX, ISO and HIPAA requirements.
HIPAA Training for Security: Target Audience
- Healthcare provider & Payer security compliance employees
- IT Managers
- IT Staff
- Security Auditors
- Security Consultants
- Security Lawyers involved in health care
- Network Manager and engineers
- Database administrators
- Software Developers
- Consultants who provide security advice to health care organizations
HIPAA Training for Security: Pricing
$1500 per student.
The cost includes Training Kit:
- HIPAA Compliance Training Manual (worth $450)
HIPAA Certification Test:
The above training prepares you for:
- Certified HIPAA Security Expert (CHSE)
- Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA)
We can skillfully assist you in determining your readiness for accelerated training, and the best training options for specific requirements
Please contact us for more information at Bob@training-hipaa.net or call (515) 865-4591.