The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
(HIPAA) was enacted by the U.S. Department of Health and
Human Services (http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/)
to establish standards and requirements for the maintenance
and transmission of health care information. The goal of
HIPAA is to protect the security and confidentiality of
electronic patient health information and cut the cost of
print-based record transactions.
Our Training includes changes to the HIPAA
regulations due to Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act which is part of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). Our HIPAA Instructors are HIPAA consultants who help organizations meet the HIPAA audit checklist requirements issued by the DHHS. Learn from Instructor what your next steps are to meet these newly issued audit requirements by dept. of Health and Human Services’ (DHHS) Office of e-Health Standards and Services.
Any organization that accesses, stores, maintains, or transmits
patient-identifiable information is affected by the HIPAA
legislation and is required by law to meet specified deadlines.
HIPAA Training for Security: Learning Objectives
This training helps you better understand HIPAA’s
Security rule and how to create a framework for initiating
and working towards a blueprint for Security compliance
and regular audit to avoid violation of regulations. We
examine all defined HIPAA security specifications and identify
options and solutions available to secure health care entities.
The HIPAA security compliance training flow and content
accounts for the three security domains defined within the
Security Rule. The HIPAA security domain topics are addressed
in the context of the required implementation specifications
and associated security technologies and policies. Each
lesson is focused with health care examples, templates and
solutions that will be valuable as your organization considers
options to secure the enterprise.
From this training you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand new updates to HIPAA rule due to HITECH which is part of ARRA
- Review specific requirements and implementation features
within each security category.
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and
finally action focused on gaps identified.
- Understand all required and addressable HIPAA Security
- Analyze international security standards, NIST, ISO’s
17799 and the BS 7799.
- Review core elements of a security policy document
for a health care entity.
- Identify core elements of a compliance plan that
every health care entity is required to develop for
business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Cross walk between NIST, SOX, ISO and HIPAA requirements.
HIPAA Training for Security: Target Audience
- All key members of a health care provider
- All Business Associates required to comply under HITECH
- IT Professionals servicing Healthcare Industry
- Chief Information Officers and Security
Compliance Officer of covered entities
- Lawyers involved in healthcare
- Computer security technical staff of any
organization that retains personal healthcare information
- Senior network engineers
- Database administrators
- Security staff of computer service providers
to medical organizations
- Consultants who provide security advice
to healthcare organizations
- IT Vendors to healthcare industry
HIPAA Training for Security: Pricing
$1800 per student.
The cost includes Training Kit:
- HIPAA Compliance Training Manual (worth $300)
HIPAA Certification Test:
The above training prepares you for:
|| • Certified HIPAA Security Specialist (CHSS)
||• Certified Healthcare Security (CHS)
||• Certified HIPAA Security Professional (CHSP)
To View Registration Process for Online HIPAA Training with Instructor:
We can skillfully assist you in determining your readiness
for accelerated training, and the best training options for
Please contact us for more information at Bob@training-hipaa.net
or call (515) 865-4591.
Refund Policy (Opens in New Window)