Online Classroom Training (OCT) for Comprehensive HIPAA Security Training and Certification (level 2)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was enacted by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/) to establish standards and requirements for the maintenance and transmission of health care information. The goal of HIPAA is to protect the security and confidentiality of electronic patient health information and cut the cost of print-based record transactions.
Our Training includes changes to the HIPAA regulations due to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act which is part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and Omnibus rule published in 2013.
Learn from the Instructor what your next steps are to meet these newly issued audit requirements by dept. of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of e-Health Standards and Services. Any organization that accesses, stores, maintains, or transmits patient-identifiable information is affected by the HIPAA legislation and is required by law to meet specified deadlines.
This training helps you better understand HIPAA’s Security Rule and how to create a framework for initiating and working towards a blueprint for Security compliance and regular audit to avoid violation of regulations. We examine all defined HIPAA security specifications and identify options and solutions available to secure health care entities.
The HIPAA security compliance training flow and content accounts for the three security domains defined within the Security Rule. The HIPAA security domain topics are addressed in the context of the required implementation specifications and associated security technologies and policies. Each lesson is focused on health care examples, templates, and solutions that will be valuable as your organization considers options to secure the enterprise.
From this training you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand new updates to HIPAA rule due to HITECH which is part of ARRA and Omnibus rule published in 2013
- Review specific requirements and implementation features within each security category.
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance. HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and finally action focused on gaps identified.
- Understand all required and addressable HIPAA Security implementation specifications.
- Analyze international security standards, NIST, ISO’s 27002, and the BS 7799.
- Review core elements of a security policy document for a health care entity.
- Identify core elements of a compliance plan that every health care entity is required to develop for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Crosswalk between NIST, SOX, ISO, and HIPAA requirements.
- Healthcare provider & Payer security compliance employees
- IT Managers
- IT Staff
- Security Auditors
- Security Consultants
- Security Lawyers involved in health care
- Network Manager and engineers
- Database administrators
- Software Developers
- Consultants who provide security advice to health care organizations
$1899 per student.
The cost includes Training Kit:
- HIPAA Compliance Training Manual (worth $450)
HIPAA Certification Test:
The above training prepares you for:
• Certified HIPAA Security Expert (CHSE)
Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
Once a year all students will have to go through one hour of update course which will include relevant regulation changes and other OCR/HHS activities on compliance and enforcement.
To maintain your certification, you will continue taking updated courses when they are released. You will receive a new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required update courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the updated courses regularly.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 16 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
We can skillfully assist you in determining your readiness for accelerated training, and the best training options for specific requirements
Please contact us for more information at Bob@training-hipaa.net or call (515) 865-4591.
HIPAA Security Training course is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 1189 users.