The purpose of this document is to help businesses research, select and implement Contingency Planning Strategies and Methodologies. This document provides guidance on how to review the Risk Assessment (RA), Business Impact Analysis (BIA), and the Application & Data Criticality Analysis to determine the number of potential exposures, impacts, and data center technology risks that currently exist in the environment. Contingency Planning strategies and Facility Recovery Options are provided and explained.
The objectives of implementing Contingency Planning Strategies and selecting a Recovery Option(s) are:
- Selection of an Overall Contingency Planning Program Coordinator
- The identification of recovery teams and the roles and responsibilities of each team and department
- Each department will need to appoint a Plan Owner, who is responsible for managing the development and maintenance of individual department plan
- Creation of Contingency Planning Standard so all plans will be written so that there are consistency and coordination between them
- The timeframes within which the relocation must be completed
- Minimum resources requirements of each department for which a plan is needed and the teams that will support them
Table of Content for Selecting & Implementing Recovery Strategies
Work Area Recovery
Overview of Alternate Site Options
Existing Compatible Equipment
Roles and Responsibilities
Appendix A: Contingency Planning Process
To view a specific section of this document, please contact us at Bob@training-hipaa.net or call us at (515) 865-4591.
To buy individual template packages, visit the following links: