What is HIPAA?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) was enacted in 1996. This act was to bring sweeping changes to healthcare industry and was dream act of Ed Kennedy, one of the sponsors of the regulation. The effective compliance date of the Privacy Rule was April 14, 2003 & for Security Standards compliance date was April 21, 2005. HIPAA regulations were revised in 2009 with Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, enacted as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The Omnibus rule for HIPAA was announced by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office for Civil Rights on Jan 2013 with compliance date.
Who has to comply with HIPAA Regulations?
Covered entities, business associates and sub-business associates are required to comply with HIPAA regulations.
A Covered Entity is one of the following:
|A Health Care Provider
|A Health Plan
|A Health Care Clearinghouse
This includes providers such as:
- Nursing Homes
...but only if they transmit any information in an electronic form in connection with a transaction for which HHS has adopted a standard.
- Health insurance companies
- Company health plans
- Government programs that pay for health care, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and the military and veterans health care programs
This includes entities that process nonstandard health information they receive from another entity into a standard (i.e., standard electronic format or data content), or vice versa.
Individual or company which works with the covered entity and in that process it creates, receives, maintains, or transmits protected health information for a function or activity including claims processing or administration, data analysis, processing or administration, utilization review, quality assurance, patient safety activities listed at 42 CFR 3.20, billing, benefit management, practice management, and repricing; (for complete definition refer 160-103; Omnibus HITECH Final regulation of 2013) sub contractor that works with business associate who has signed Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with covered entity also has to comply.
Why Achieve HIPAA Compliance?
The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) is responsible for enforcing the HIPAA regulations. With the HITECH omnibus rule of Jan 2013, penalties are increased for noncompliance based on the level of negligence with a maximum penalty of $1.5 million per violation.
HIPAA Enforcement Resolution Agreements and Civil Money Penalties
Our Solutions for Online HIPAA Training & Certification
Our HIPAA training is focused mainly on privacy rule, security and how to achieve HIPAA compliance. We offer 4 different levels of HIPAA training based on the job role of the person. We offer training in following learning methods:
- Instructor led HIPAA training
- Instructor led online classroom HIPAA training
- Online HIPAA training certification courses
- Customized Online HIPAA training & certification.
To decide which learning method is ideal for you, please refer to HIPAA training methods comparison
We offer official training for following HIPAA Certifications in above mentioned training methods.
Our HIPAA Compliance Solutions
HIPAA training is the first step towards achieving your HIPAA compliance. We offer templates and consulting services to help you achieve compliance. Templates are updated for HITECH and Omnibus rule.
- HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures Template
- HIPAA Privacy Policies Template Suite
- HIPAA Contingency Planning, BCP and BIA
- HIPAA Security Risk Analysis/Assessment
- HIPAA Security Audit & Evaluation
Why Select us for HIPAA Training & compliance?
- HIPAA Training created by HIPAA Expert with practical HIPAA compliance experience and security expert
- Three different learning methods available to suit your learning needs
- Training offered based on job role – basic course of 1 hour to 24 hours for expert level courses
- Online Course with Audio and PowerPoint slides for easy understanding of content
- Printed manual available for comprehensive courses
- 24 x 7 Access from Anywhere for online courses
- Online courses compatible with Windows, Apple, iPad and other tables
- Instantly print or download Nationally Recognized Certificates
- After passing certification test, you can use the certification logo on your resume, profile, signature etc
- Complete compliance solution available based on your specific needs
- Group, university and Colleges discounts available
- Unlimited Phone and email Support
Business Associate HIPAA Compliance Certification Software's HIPAA Compliance Audit
Covered Entity HIPAA Compliance DIY Tools (for less than 50 employee organization)
Covered Entity HIPAA Compliance DIY Tools (for more than 50 employee organization)
Business Associate HIPAA Compliance DIY Tools (for less than 50 employee organization)
Business Associate HIPAA Compliance DIY Tools (for more than 50 employee organization)