Online HIPAA Training with Instructor for Comprehensive HIPAA Privacy & Intermediate Security Training (level 1)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was enacted by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/) to establish standards and requirements for the maintenance and transmission of health care information. The goal of HIPAA is to protect the security and confidentiality of electronic patient health information and cut the cost of print-based record transactions. Any organization that accesses, stores, maintains or transmits patient-identifiable information is affected by the HIPAA legislation and is required by law to meet specified deadlines.
This training helps you better understand HIPAA’s Administrative Simplification Act as well as how to create a framework for initiating and working towards a blueprint for Privacy and Security compliance and regular audit to avoid violation of HIPAA laws. From this training you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand what HIPAA means, how it affects your organization, and what significant changes in policies, procedures, and processes within the organization in the handling of patient records
- Understand the changes to HIPAA rules due to HITECH due to ARRA 2009 and-and 2013 Omnibus Rule final changes.
- Identify the main reasons behind HIPAA, specifically, to provide continuity/portability of health benefits to individuals between jobs; to combat fraud/abuse in health insurance and healthcare delivery; to reduce administrative costs in healthcare; to provide uniform standards for electronic healthcare transactions; and, to ensure security and privacy of patient health information
- Have an in-depth understanding of HIPAA Security, privacy, and Transaction rule
- Examine how implementing HIPAA will affect the way healthcare entities organize and staff to achieve and monitor compliance with patient privacy/confidentiality needs
- Understand the new Enforcement rule
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance. HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and finally action focused on gaps identified
- Understand who business associates are and what will they have to do to ensure HITECH HIPAA Compliance.
- Healthcare provider & payer privacy compliance employees
- Privacy lawyers involved in health care
- Compliance teams for HIPAA privacy
- HR staff & manager
- Privacy auditors
- Privacy consultants
- Clinical physicians and office managers
- Head nurse
- Privacy Instructors
$1800 per student.
The cost includes Training Kit:
- HIPAA Compliance Training Manual (worth $450)
HIPAA Certification Test:
The above training prepares you for:
- Certified Healthcare Privacy (CHP)
- Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP)
- Certified HIPAA Administrator (CHA)
Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
All certified professionals are required to take Cyber Security Awareness For Employees within 1 month of getting certified. You can take this training before or after getting certified. If you are a cybersecurity professional, you can request an exception (provide the reason why you should not take the training and provide your cybersecurity certification credentials) to take this training but you will have to complete the test.
Course Name: CyberSecurity Awareness For Employees
Description: OCR is focusing on cybersecurity awareness for the covered entities and business associates after the FBI issued a warning for the healthcare industry. This training is a continuing education course needed for all HIPAA certifications (CHPSE, CHPE, and CHSE) professionals to maintain their credentials. This is a non-technical course and anyone can take it. There are no prerequisites for it.
Students learn how hackers use social engineering tools like spoofing, Deceptive Phishing, W2 Phishing, Search Engine Phishing, Pharming, Spear Phishing, Whaling / CEO Fraud, Vishing, SMiSHing, Dropbox Phishing, Google Docs Phishing, Image Phishing, Piggybacking, Dumpster diving, Eavesdropping and many more on company employees. With different types of Malware like Computer viruses, Worms, Trojan horses, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, Scareware, Keylogger, etc., you want to be aware of threats around you. The overall goal is to protect you from financial losses, identity theft, and damage to your reputation caused due to breaches of security by criminals.
Cost: Included with the HIPAA training cost. You need to buy a Certified Cybersecurity Awareness Professional (CCAP) certification exam if needed.
Once a year all students will have to go through one hour of update course (normal cost $99) which will include relevant regulation changes and other OCR/HHS activities on compliance and enforcement.
To maintain your HIPAA certification, you will continue taking updated courses when they are released. You will receive a new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required update courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the updated courses regularly.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 16 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
We can skillfully assist you in determining your readiness for accelerated training, and the best training options for specific requirements
Please contact us for more information at Bob@training-hipaa.net or call (515) 865-4591.
HIPAA Privacy & Intermediate Security Training