Online HIPAA Training with Instructor for Comprehensive HIPAA Privacy & Intermediate Security Training (level 1)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was enacted by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/) to establish standards and requirements for the maintenance and transmission of health care information. The goal of HIPAA is to protect the security and confidentiality of electronic patient health information and cut the cost of print-based record transactions. Any organization that accesses, stores, maintains, or transmits patient-identifiable information is affected by the HIPAA legislation and is required by law to meet specified deadlines.
This training helps you better understand HIPAA’s Administrative Simplification Act as well as how to create a framework for initiating and working towards a blueprint for Privacy and Security compliance and regular audit to avoid violation of HIPAA laws. From this training you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand what HIPAA means, how it affects your organization, and what significant changes in policies, procedures, and processes within the organization in the handling of patient records
- Understand the changes to HIPAA rules due to HITECH due to ARRA 2009 and-and 2013 Omnibus Rule final changes.
- Identify the main reasons behind HIPAA, specifically, to provide continuity/portability of health benefits to individuals between jobs; to combat fraud/abuse in health insurance and healthcare delivery; to reduce administrative costs in healthcare; to provide uniform standards for electronic healthcare transactions; and, to ensure security and privacy of patient health information
- Have an in-depth understand of HIPAA Security, privacy and Transaction rule
- Examine how implementing HIPAA will affect the way healthcare entities organize and staff to achieve and monitor compliance with patient privacy/confidentiality needs
- Understand the new Enforcement rule
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance. HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and finally action focused on gaps identified
- Understand who business associates are and what will they have to do to ensure HITECH HIPAA Compliance.
- Healthcare provider & Payer privacy compliance employees
- Privacy lawyers involved in health care
- Compliance teams for HIPAA Privacy
- HR Staff & manager
- Privacy Auditors
- Privacy Consultants
- Clinical physicians and office managers
- Head Nurse
- Privacy Instructors
$1800 per student.
The cost includes Training Kit:
- HIPAA Compliance Training Manual (worth $450)
HIPAA Certification Test:
The above training prepares you for:
- Certified Healthcare Privacy (CHP)
- Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP)
- Certified HIPAA Administrator (CHA)
Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
Once a year all students will have to go through one hour of update course which will include relevant regulation changes and other OCR/HHS activities on compliance and enforcement.
To maintain your certification, you will continue taking update courses when they are released. You will receive a new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required update courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the update courses regularly.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 16 CE credits for this course through Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
We can skillfully assist you in determining your readiness for accelerated training, and the best training options for specific requirements
Please contact us for more information at Bob@training-hipaa.net or call (515) 865-4591.
HIPAA Privacy & Intermediate Security Training